SC (Out of School Children)
Out of School Children Survey
- Long absent list (Potential dropout) were taken from all the Primary, High and Higher secondary schools.
- Out of school children identified through to survey in the month of April & May every year.
- Identified dropout students are enrolled in Non-residential special training centers in 15 blocks.
- Identified dropout students of orphan/semi orphan children are enrolled in Residential Special Training centers (RSTC) in Manaiyerpatti Budalur.
- Education volunteers appointed in NRSTC & RSTC Centers.
- Grama Sabha meeting will be conducted in all panchayat to create awareness and take resolution regarding dropouts.
- Special survey will be conducted to identified the out of school children during October and January to identify Migrants from other district.
- Training were given to all NRSTC & RSTC Education volunteers.
- Enrolled RSTC &NRSTC students were mainstreamed in regular schools in the month of March every year.
- Girls Education (Self Defense Training)
- Self defense training given to selected 2000 students in Government & Government Aided schools in classes from 6th to 8th std.
- Trainer, Guider karate master selected SMC Members
- self defense training programme given for 5 months from (September to January) Every year two classes per week any 1.1/2 Hours per class
- Most of the student won prizes in state level competition
- Salary were release for karate training master as per state project Director Guidelines
- There are 22 Schools for 6 visit under partnership between Schools. from each School 20 children selected Rs.250/- spent per child for each visit and the contingency and documentation expenses Rs.500/- per school, Total fund released Rs.528000/- for 2016-17 and Rs.6,71,000/- for the year 2017-18.
- To ensure the Quality of education the children (II STD to VIII STD) of Govt & Aided Schools are assessed periodically by SSA
- Phase-1 (July – 50% Schools, August -50% Schools)
- Phase-2 (February-50% Schools, March- 50% Schools)
- LUSIVE EDUCATION
Right To Education (RTE) Mandates that all Children in 6 to 14 age group are to be educated in neighborhood Schools, which includes children with special needs. Inclusive Education for differently abled Children have been implementing the following activities promoted by SSA:
- Identification of CWSN
- Educational placement
- Assessment by Medical Camps
- Provision of aids and appliances.
- Support Services by Special Educators and Physiotherapists
- Training to Teachers.
- Individual Educational Planning for needy children
- Parental training
- Community mobilization
- Free Education
- Education at Schools, Day Care centers &Home based education
- Different types of methods are used to increase the teaching ability and enrich the learning outcomes. Field visit is the finest method among all, to give a direct feel in the particular topic. It gives a better result from the side of learners and teachers. Based on this, we plan a field trip related to subject based which is situated in and around Thanjavur.
- Beneficiaries of this field trip should not contain a stipulated group, instead a mixed varieties such as schedule caste, schedule tribe, minority children, urban deprived and girls children. 2000 children were selected totally and 200 Teachers were selected, in the pattern of fixed a teacher per 10 children. Planetorium at Trichy and Palace at Thanjavur are the spots for field trips which can give a better understanding in their scientific aptitude.