MUNICIPAL CORPORATION THANJAVUR
Thanjavur is an ancient, historically important town and is the head quarter for Thanajvur District in Tamilnadu State. The city is an important agricultural centre located in the Cauvery Delta at 100 47” latitude 790 08” longitudes and is known as the “Rice bowl of Tamil Nadu”. Thanjavur is administered by a Municipal Corporation covering an area of 36.33 Sq km (14.03 sq mi) and had a population of 2,22,619 in 2011 and divided into 51 Nos of Wards.
Thanjavur Municipality will be upgraded to City Municipal Corporation under the Rule 110. Our Hon’ble Chief Minister has announced that the Further, Municipal Administration and Water Supply Department has issued the Government Order No.23 dated 17.02.2014 and the Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation has came into force from 19.02.2014. In that announcement 1 Town Panchayat and 11 Village Panchayat will be added into the Thanjavur Corporation. The total area comes to 128.02 Sq.Km with the total population of 3,51,655. It is proposed to have the annual income of Rs.6,016.99 Lakhs.
Per capita water supply is 135 LPCD. Based on the Population of Thanjavur, The demand of water supply is 30.05 MLD. Major sources of Water Supply is Colleron River Source. 20.00 MLD and 137 Borewells and Power pump borewells water is being pumped from this source and 7.50 MLD has been drawn from local borewell sources. So daily water supply is 123.00 LPCD. The average Distribution supply is 2 hours per day. There are 19 Nos of OHTs with 114.75 Lakh Liters Capacity, 142 Nos of Power Pumps and 219 Nos of Mini Power Pumps in Thanjavur Corporation Water Supply System. Thirumanur to Vennar Pumping Station Main Line Length is 19.00 Km. The total Distribution Line of this town is 334.70 Km. The number of House Service Connection 29200. Monthly tariff for water supply connection is Rs.75 and Rs.150 for domestic and commercial respectively. So far Annual demand generated is Rs.262.52 lakhs.
Totally 302.441 Km Roads are being maintained by this Corporation consisting of 250.515 Km of BT Road, 48.54 Km of CC Road, 3.326 Km of WBM Road. All the Roads are maintained by the Corporation under TURIP, SRP, O&M GFF and Various Schemes.
10861 Street Lights are in Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation area. 1250 Nos of 250 Watts SVLM, 191 Nos of 400 Watts SVL, 41 Nos 400 Watts MHLM Lamp and 285 Nos of 72 Watts LED Fittings are available. As per the Announcement made by the Honorable Chief Minister 7173 Nos of 40 Watts Tube Lights are converted into 20 Watts LED Lights, 110 Nos of 70 Watts SV Lamps and 362 Nos of 46 to 85 Watts CFL Lamps are converted into 40 Watts LED Lights. All the above Street Lights are maintained by M/s.Sabari Electricals, Chennai Private Limited by PPP Mode. For all the above Street Lights On and Off Work are done by the same time by the help of Street Light Controller with individual Lamp Monitoring Device.
In Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation 13 Nos of Sanitary Inspectors, 17 Nos of Sanitary Supervisors, 403 Sanitary Workers and 250 Private Sanitary Workers are engaged for Sanitation work. 2 Nos of JCB, 1 No.of Dumper Placer, 4 Nos of Compactor Vehicles, 7 Nos of Tipper Lorries, 2 Nos of Tipper Tractor, 4 Nos of Mini Lorries, 9 Nos of Mini Autos and 5 Nos of Porter Autos are engaged for Sanitation work.
Eradication of Open Defecation
There are 66 Slums in Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation. The Total slum Population of the town is 16325. 64 Nos of Community Latrine is being used by the slum people. Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation is declared as Open Defecation Free on 10.02.2018.
Rain Water harvesting
There are 2315 Nos of Government Buildings and 78136 Nos of Private Buildings are available in Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation. Out of these buildings 455 Nos of Government Buildings and 69607 Nos of Private Buildings are provided by Rain Water Harvesting Structures. So in Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation 87.08% of Buildings have Rain Water Harvesting Structures.
Solid Waste Management
Totally 124 MT Garbages were generated per day. Out of which 116 MT Garbages collected through Municipal Corporation Public Health Vehicles. The Corporation is having a compost yard with total area of 20.23 Acres for Solid Waste Management Activities. 225 push carts were being engaged for primary collection of wastes and 20 heavy vehicle and 14 Autos were used for secondary collection. Construction of Sanitary Land fill project at compost yard at a project cost of 737.96 Lakhs is partially completed.Construction of New shed and windrows platform at a project cost of 80.00 Lakhs is completed. Bio-Methanitation project at a project cost of 90.00 Lakhs is completed and ready to put in use.
Under Ground Drainage Scheme
Under Ground Sewage Scheme was sanctioned as per G.O. MS. No. 720 Municipal Administration and Water Supply Department Dated: 30.12.2000. At an estimate cost of Rs.70.00 Crores, during the year 2007. It was commissioned and maintained by TWAD up to March 2015. TWAD handed over this UGSS system to the Corporation from April 2015. The maintenance work for the UGSS has been carried out by Private Contractor (VB Assosication). The Expentiture is 17.00 Lakhs per Mointh. The Total Estimated HSC is 30,000 sanctioned. So far 27889 connections are given. Sewerage treatment plant is located in samuthiram eri at an area of 42 acres. This treatment plant is designed for 28.05 MLD (ASP method). There are 5 Nos of Pumping Stations, 12 Nos of Lifting Stations, 10059 Nos of Manholes, 258.79 Km Length of UGD Sewer Line and 6.030 Km Length of Pumping Main are available. Monthly tariff for UGD Connection is Rs.75 and Rs.150 for domestic and commercial respectively. So far Annual demand generated is Rs.213.19 lakhs.
It is has been send a proposal on 23.06.2017 to The District Collector of Thanajavur for the requirement of 10,400 Square Meter land in Okkakudi Village at TS NO.649,643 or 609 for the need of Water Supply Improvement Scheme and for the Thanjavur Corporation.
And also it has been sent a letter vide ROC.No.19295/2004/F2, Dated.23.07.2014 to The Dhasildar ,Thanjavur to choose a land of 40.00 Acres near the Corporation limit for the purpose of a Additional Compost Yard to this Corporation.
a) Water Supply
The erstwhile Municipality comprises of 51 wards and the entire wards have been covered with 19 Zones of water supply sectors having 19 Nos. of Over Head Reservoirs. The water supply is being drawn from a Collector well installed in River Colleroon at Thirumanur and from 135 nos. of local Bore Well sources. Altogether about 123 LPCD is alone being supplied daily instead of a required supply to 135 LPCD.
Hence, the infrastructure development was found needed in developing the water supply sector to cope up the growing demand in accordance with the mass urbanisation and to overcome the deformation and deprivation of the basic necessity due to change of natural calamities.
Accordingly, an improvement to Water Supply Scheme was sanctioned administratively vide GO(D) No. 281/MA & WS (MA2) Dept. Dated 05.05.2015 for Rs 4814.00 Lakhs under AMRUT 2015-16 with the Funding pattern of GOI (Rs 2407.00 Lakhs), Go TN (Rs. 962 Lakhs), IUDM (Rs. 1000 Lakhs) & ULB (Rs. 445 Lakhs) and the same has technically sanctioned with the scope of Providing New Over Head Reservoirs 7 Nos., Rejuvenation of Existing Pumping Main from Vennar to a length of 26.95 km, Remodelling of Distribution System pipes to a length of 46.50 km, Providing SCADA for all ELSRs and Installation of Electro Chlorinated Water Disinfection Equipments to ELSRs.
The Work has been awarded to M/s.KEYEM Engineering Enterprises for execution with an agreement completion period of 18 months and to a value of Rs 5294.90 Lakhs. The project has been commenced on 30.06.2016 and is under execution. About 85 % of works have been completed as on date and the balance will be completed before 16.04.2018 to put into beneficial use.
b) Park Improvement
There are 144 Nos of Parks are available in Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation. Out of these 19 Nos of Parks Developed by Town and Country Planning Scheme 2014-15.
Under AMRUT Scheme, 3 Nos of Parks has been sanctioned at an Estimated Cost of Rs.214.00 Lakhs in the year 2015-16. Kurinchi and Old Housing Unit Parks Improvement Work Completed. Arulanandhammal Nagar Park Improvement Work under Progress
6 Nos of Parks has been sanctioned at an Estimated Cost of Rs.264.00 Lakhs in the year 2016-17. KMS Nagar, Rail Nagar, Sriram Nagar Co-operative Colony, Arulanandha Nagar 8th Street, Shanthi Nagar-1 and Shanthi Nagar-2 Parks Improvement Work is in Progress
4 Nos of Parks has been sanctioned at an Estimated Cost of Rs.308.60 Lakhs in the year 2017-20. For Mullai Nagar, Sathiyakrishna Nagar, Royal City and Alamelu Nagar Park Improvement work, Work Order Issued, Work to be Started.
Smart City Mission (SCM), is the flagship initiative of the Government of India in urban development sector, which was launched on 25th June 2015. 100 cities are to be developed across the country under this centrally sponsored scheme in collaboration with State Governments. As per the Mission Statement and guidelines of this scheme, the objective of SCM is to promote cities that provide core infrastructure and give a decent quality of life to its citizens, and a clean and sustainable environment and application of ‘Smart’ Solutions for the city. The focus is on sustainable and inclusive development and the idea is to look at compact areas, create a replicable model which will act like a light house to other aspiring cities.
Thanjavur was selected in the second round of Smart City Challenge competition on 20th September 2016. It is one of the 11 smart cities in the state of Tamil Nadu. Retrofitting model of Area Based Development (ABD) was proposed for Thanjavur, in which an identified pocket of existing area of city will be developed with intensive and improved infrastructure and application of smart solutions.
The ABD area identified for Thanjavur is mainly in the old city, measuring 2.6 Sq.Km, and is surrounded by the moat on east, north and west sides and railway line in the south side. In addition, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) based smart solutions for the entire city is envisaged as part of Pan-city development. Projects worth 1289.5 crores have been proposed for Thanjavur Smart City from diverse sectors like tourism, green space, economic development, urban transport, water supply, sewerage and Roads/non-motorized transport (NMT) are proposed to be taken up in the ABD area.
Since Thanjavur is a city of rich cultural and historical importance, the vision for smart city emphasizes on enhancing the identity of the city as “Cultural Capital of Tamil Nadu”, in addition to provision of resilient infrastructure and sustainable environment.Some of the major projects are
Projects for ABD area:
- Redevelopment of Moat and its surrounding areas
- Renovation of Sivagangai Park, and Conservation and Restoration of Sivagangai Kulam; Ayyan Kulam and Samanthan Kulam
- Improvement of Rajappa Park
- Development of Amphitheatre at Bethannan Kalaiarangam
- Conservation of Built Heritage including Old Collectorate and Palace
- Development of Kamaraj and Sarafoji Markets
- Smart Roads (10 Roads)
- Redevelopment of Old Bus Stand and Development of parking at Thiruvaiyaru Bus Stand
- Development of Thiruvalluvar Theater to a commercial complex
Projects for PAN City:
- Integrated Command and Control Center and tourism app
- Air Quality Monitoring System
- Installation of Solar Panels on government buildings
- Improvement of Water Supply and Sewerage
The works have started and under various stages of Progress. This mission is expected to be completed in the year 2021.
The Shah consultancy has been appointed for the preparation of Detailed Project Report for the improvement of Water Supply, UGSS and Storm Water Drain for the Core City and Added Area through TNUIFSL. The Consultancy submitted the Draft Final report.
- Water Supply
Core Area – Estimate Cost Rs.19400.00 Lakhs
- Head Works, Collector Wells, Pumping Main, Common Sump and Pumping Stations – Rs.5520.48 Lakhs.
- Transmission Main From Common Sump to Okkakudi – Rs.5312.65 Lakhs.
- Feeder Mains and Pumping Stations – Rs.1129.37 Lakhs.
- Distribution System, Storage Facilities and SCADA arrangements – Rs.5425.17 Lakhs.
- Other Costs (EB, Shifting of Services, Contingency & Unforceseen, Labour Welfare fund etc.,) – Rs.2012.33 Lakhs.
Added Area – Estimate Cost Rs.26700.00 Lakhs
- Head Works, Collector Wells, Pumping Main – Rs.3215.21 Lakhs.
- Transmission Main From Vennar Branch to North Gate further to Ganapathy Nagar Sump – Rs.2194.85 Lakhs.
- Feeder Mains and Pumping Stations – Rs.2833.28 Lakhs.
- Distribution System, Storage Facilities and SCADA arrangements – Rs.28728.82 Lakhs.
- Other Costs (EB, Shifting of Services, Contingency & Unforceseen, Labour Welfare fund etc.,) – Rs.2761.09 Lakhs.
Core Area – Estimate Cost Rs.9020.00 Lakhs
- Collection System – Rs.4444.59 Lakhs.
- Sewerage Lifting Station – Rs.7.01 Lakhs.
- Pumping Main – Rs.47.47 Lakhs.
- Control Room – Rs.5.88 Lakhs.
- Mechanical Pump and Accessories for Lifting Stations – Rs.49.10 Lakhs.
- Electrical Pump Machineries – Rs.3.73 Lakhs.
- Improvement to the existing STS and SLS – Rs.261.93 Lakhs.
- Improvement of the existing STP – Rs.447.55 Lakhs.
- Miscellaneous Items like Sewer Cleaning and Safety Equipemnts – Rs.75.00 Lakhs.
- HSC within the Private Buildings premises – Rs.2739.99 Lakhs.
- Other Costs (EB, Shifting of Services, Contingency & Unforceseen, Labour Welfare fund etc.,) – Rs.937.74 Lakhs.
Added Area – Estimate Cost Rs.48870.00 Lakhs
- Collection system – Rs.26,321.59 Lakhs.
- Sewage Pumping Station – 229.86 Lakhs.
- Sewage Lifting station – Rs. 71.60 Lakhs.
- Pumping Main- 6,822.56 Lakhs.
- Control room For Pumping stations & Lifting stations – 72.53 Lakhs.
- Mechanical For Pumping stations & Lifting stations – 1,132.62 Lakhs.
- Electrical For Pumping stations & Lifting stations – 444.42 Lakhs.
- Construction of 30 MLD capacity STP of SBR Technology – 3,200.00 Lakhs.<./li>
- Miscellaneous items like Sewer cleaning equipment, safety equipment, minor tool kits and other major equipment – 75.00 Lakhs.
- Provisions for Railway crossing arrangements to Pumping main by Trenchless technology – 87.56 Lakhs.
- Provisions for NH crossing arrangements to Pumping main by Trenchless technology – 51.38 Lakhs.
- HSC within the Private building premises – 5,313.92 Lakhs.
- Other Costs (EB, Shifting of Services, Contingency & Unforceseen, Labour Welfare fund etc.,) – Rs.5046.97 Lakhs.
- Storm Water Drain
Core Area – Estimate Cost Rs.12965.00 Lakhs
- Construction of Storm Water Drains (Road Drains) of various sizes, (Rectangular / Open / Covered drain), in RCC, M25 including necessary Earth work excavation, Reconstruction of Dilapidated Storm Water Drains –Rs. 10396.03 Lakhs.
- Construction of Kerb & Gutter of various sizes, in PCC M20 – Rs. 672.96 Lakhs.
- Construction of Culverts of various sizes at road junction & crossing with RCC mix M25 including Replacement of Inadequate Culvert Section etc., – Rs.378.83 Lakhs.
- Desilting and Widening of Vaaris – Rs.283.52 Lakhs.
- Other Costs (EB, Shifting of Services, Contingency & Unforceseen, Labour Welfare fund etc.,) – Rs.1233.66 Lakhs.
Added Area – Estimate Cost Rs. 21610.00 Lakhs
- Construction of Storm Water Drains (Road Drains) of various sizes, (Rectangular / Open / Covered drain), in RCC, M25 including necessary Earth work excavation, Reconstruction of Dilapidated Storm Water Drains –Rs. 16839.87 Lakhs.
- Construction of Kerb & Gutter of various sizes, in PCC M20 – Rs.1269.76 Lakhs.
- Construction of Culverts of various sizes at road junction & crossing with RCC mix M25 including Replacement of Inadequate Culvert Section etc., – Rs.603.92 Lakhs.
- Desilting and Widening of Vaaris – Rs.840.99 Lakhs.
- Other Costs (EB, Shifting of Services, Contingency & Unforceseen, Labour Welfare fund etc.,) – Rs.2055.46 Lakhs.
- Ongoing Projects
- Under the O&M GFF 2016-17, 30 Nos of Road Works have been taken up at an Estimate Cost of Rs.750.00 Lakhs. 25 Nos of Works Completed.
- Under the TURIP 2016-17, 29 Nos of Road Works have been taken up at an Estimate Cost of Rs.700.00 Lakhs. 25 Nos of Works Completed.
- Under the IGFF 2017-18, Construction of Office Building for Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation has been sanctioned at an Estimate Cost of Rs.650.00 Lakhs. Work under Progress.
- Under the NUHM 2017-18, Construction of Primary Health Centres at 4 Places in Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation has been sanctioned at an Estimate Cost of Rs.200.00 Lakhs. Work under Progress.
- Under the NULM 2017-18, Construction of NULM at Medical College Campus in Thanjavur City Municipal Corporation has been sanctioned at an Estimate Cost of Rs.100.00 Lakhs. Work under Progress.
- Under the O&M GFF 2017-18, Construction of Gasifier Crematorium at Marikulam Burial Ground has been sanctioned at an Estimate Cost of Rs.100.00 Lakhs. Work under Progress.
- Under the TURIP 2017-20, 39 Nos of Road Works have been taken up at an Estimate Cost of Rs.1000.00 Lakhs. Tender Stage.
- Water Supply