Thanjavur Tourism Promotion ← Click Here
Name of the Department : Department of Tourism
Head of the Office: Tourist Officer
Hotel Tamilnadu Complex,
Thanjavur – 613 001.
- Facilitating the Tourists with relevant information about the tourist places.
- To develop the tourism infrastructure facilities in the District.
- Capacity building and human resources development for sustainable tourism.
- Monitoring the tourist places for the adequate basic facilities of the Tourists.
- Conducting Fairs and Festivals throughout the year.
- Maintaining the quality of accommodation through frequent inspections of accommodation units.
- Successfully conducting the Pongal festivals every year in a grand manner with the participation of Domestic and Foreign Tourists.
- Promoting the awareness about the cleanliness in tourist places by conducting the campaign every year.
- Ensured the accommodation facilities in and around Thanjavur District.
- Facilitated the accessibility to various tourist destinations in Thanjavur District.
- Successfully conducting the World Tourism Day festivals every year in a grand manner with the participation of Domestic and Foreign Tourists.
Asian Development Bank Assistance (ADB – IDIPT) – Tranche – IV
Tamil Nadu Tourism Infrastructure Development Assistance Project
The Department of Tourism, Government of Tamil Nadu installed the 442 number of energy efficient light at the 14 Jurisdiction of each and every town Panchayat at Thanjavur, with the financial assistance of Rs.4.93 crore.
Signage Board installation
The Department of Tourism, Government of Tamil Nadu installed the 106 number of Signage Board at the 68 Jurisdiction of each and every town Panchayat at Thanjavur, with the financial assistance of Rs.1.13 crore.
Details of Beneficiaries
Various kinds of Domestic and Foreign tourists.
04362 – 230984