DEPARTMENT OF HORTICULTURE AND PLANTATION CROPS
Thanjavur district is coming under Cauvery delta region total Horticultural area under cultivation is 45330 ha. In which Fruits have been cultivated in about 4690 ha prominent crops under cultivation are Banana, Mango and Guava. Vegetables have been cultivated in about 2509 Ha. like Brinjal, Chilli, gourds and Tapioca.
To increase the production, productivity and income of farmers, various schemes are being implemented through Department of Horticulture and Plantation crops. To impart hi-tech production techniques among farmers like poly house construction, shade net house, mulching, distribution of seedlings of high yielding varieties of fruit crops, vegetables and plantation crops are being done.To promote integrated farming system among farmers, various assistances are giving for Mushroom cultivation, Vermi compost production ,Apiary unit under Various schemes.
SCHEMES IMPLEMENTED THROUGH DEPARTMENT OF HORTICULTURE AND PLANTATION CROPS:
- MISSION FOR INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF HORTICULTURE-
NATIONAL HORTICULTURE MISSION (MIDH-NHM)
Area Expansion Programme
- Cultivation of Hybrid vegetables (Brinjal and Chillies)- Protray seedlings has been produced at State Horticulture Farms and distributed to farmers , assistants at the rate of Rs. 20000 per hectare
- Mango cultivation under High Density Planting in which mango drafts has been distributed to the farmers, assistance at the rate of Rs. 9840 per hectare
- Flower crops cultivation: For cultivating Marigold and Jasmine, in which Marigold Seedlings, Jasmine Cuttings has been distributed to the farmers, assistance at the rate of Rs. 16000 per hectare and for Tuberose Rs. 60000 per hectare been given to farmers as back ended subsidy
- Green chillies and Pepper cultivation assistance at the rate of Rs. 12000 per hectare and Rs. 20000/- per Ha. respectively
- Cashew planting assistance at the rate of Rs. 12000 per hectare
- Construction of Poly house: 50% assistance has been provided for constructing Poly houses at the rate of Rs. 468 per square meter allowing maximum 4000 Sq.m per beneficiary
- Shadenet house: As like poly house construction, 50% assistance has been given to the maximum of 4000 sqm per beneficiary at rate of Rs. 355 per square meter
- Mulching: 50% assistance will be given-Rs. 16000 as back ended subsidy
- Creation of water resources: Construction of water storage structure in an area of 1200 Cu.ft. by farmers as farm Ponds in which Rs. 75,000/- has been given to the farmers as
Integrated Nutrient Management
- To encourage use of micro nutrients, at the rate of Rs. 500 per hectare the micro nutrients has been distributed to the farmers.
Pollination Support Through Bee-Keeping
- In order to maximize production of Horticulture crops, honey-bee colonies have been given to farmers at 40% assistance at the rate of Rs. 1600 per colony and for honey extractor Rs. 8000 is given.
- For purchase of 20HP mini tractor Rs. 75000 and for 8HP power tiller Rs. 60000 has been given as assistance at 25 % and 40% assistance respectively.
- For purchase of powered knapsack sprayer Rs. 3000/- and Rs. 2500/- has been given as assistance for the sprayer capacity of 12-16 liters and 8-12 liters respectively.
Integrated post harvest Management
- To construct pack houses in an area of 800 Sq.ft by farmers for the purpose of grading, cleaning and packing of Horticultural produces at the rate of 50% assistance Rs. 2.00 lakh has been provided.
2.NATIONAL AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (NADP):
- Under Onion Development Scheme, Rs. 20000 per hectare has been given as assistance.
- To adopt integrated pest management techniques, solar light trap, pheromone trap and yellow sticky traps have been distributed to farmers at reasonable assistance.
- To encourage organic farming, incentive has been given for cultivation of organic vegetables at Rs.3750 Per hectare. And to improve organic produce marketing, Organic certification fees Rs.500 per beneficiary have been provided for organic growers.
- PRADHAN MANTRI KRISHI SINCHAYEE YOJANA (PMKSY)
- Under this scheme, to emphasis efficient use of irrigation water, farmers are being encouraged to set up micro irrigation facility through financial assistance of 100 % assistance to small and marginal farmers and 75 % assistance to big farmers. A beneficiary can get financial assistance up to 5 ha. Farmers who are all already benefited can also get assistance for installing the Micro Irrigation system in the same field after seven years only.
4.PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJANA (PMFBY)
- In Tanjore district, Banana and Tapioca crops are notified to be covered under this insurance scheme. Farmers insured the crops in notified villages could get insurance amount for crop damages due to natural calamities and tremendous yield loss.
5.TN-IAMP(Tamilnadu irrigated modernization project):
Under this scheme, installation of Micro Irrigation System for Horticulture crops 100% assistance for small and marginal farmers, and 75% assistance for big farmers.
AREA EXPANSION PROGRAMME:
Cultivation of Hybrid vegetables (Brinjal and Chillies)-Rs.20000 per hectare as assistance.
Guava cultivation under High Density Planting- Rs.17,599/- per hectare as assistance.
ELIGIBILITY OF FARMERS
- All the farmers who have own agriculture lands are eligible. If on lease, the lease period should be a minimum of 10 years for project based components.
- Assured irrigation facilities are necessary where water usage is mandatory for the components like protected cultivation, area expansion etc.
- The beneficiary farmers should enclose all mandatory documents along with the application.
- The documents should be valid for the current period.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY THE BENEFICIARY TO AVAIL ASSISTANCE FOR VARIOUS COMPONENTS:
- Application Form
- Beneficiary must be registered in TN-HORTNET
- Chitta and adangal (original)
- FMB sketch
- In case of Lessee farmers, registered lease agreement should be furnished.
- Soil and water test reports for cultivation related components
- Passport size photos (3 Nos.)
- Ration card (Xerox)
- Bank passbook (1stpage Xerox) for verifying the Account Number
- Affidavit for components wherein the assistance is above Rs.50,000/-
- Field photos during various stages of implementation with beneficiary (for Area expansion and project based activities)
- Field Board with NHM logo after completion (for project based)
For Further Details contact Department Staffs as mentioned below:-
|Sl. No||District||Name||Mobile No||Office Address|
Deputy Director of Horticulture
|Gandhiji Road, Thanjavur.|
Assistant Director of Horticulture (PM)
|Gandhiji Road, Thanjavur.|
|3||Thanjavur||K. Kiruthika HO (Tech) (I/c)||8248748538||Gandhiji Road, Thanjavur.|
|S. No||Block||Name||HO/ Deputy HO Name||Mobile No|
|2||Budalur||R. Ravi, Dy. HO||9443568890|
|3||Orathanadu||S. Shanthipriya ADH
|S.Shanthipriya, HO (I/c)||9488945801|
|4||Thiruvonam||A. Sandhiya, HO (I/c)||8760531338|
|5||Papanasam||B. Kanimozhi ADH
|N.Shanmugavel, Dy. HO (I/c)||7339160570|
|6||Ammapettai||B. Kanimozhi, HO (I/c)||8526616956|
|7||Thiruvaiyaru||N.Shanmugavel, Dy. HO||7339160570|
|8||Kumbakonam||S. Thiruselvan ADH
|A. Sandhiya, HO||8760531338|
|9||Thiruvidaimaruthur||R.Jothilakshmi, HO (I/c)||8072580842|
|11||Pattukkottai||S.Parimelazhagan, ADH (I/c)
|K. Kiruthika, HO||8248748538|
|12||Madukur||S.Parimelazhagan, HO (I/c)||9445257303|
|14||Sethubavachatram||C.Thillaiselvi, HO (I/c)||7299402881|
Deputy Director of Horticulture