Schemes & Projects / Society
- Mathi – Mahalir Thittam.
- FINANCIAL INCLUSION (FI)
- TNSRLM – Tamil Nadu State Rural Livelihood Mission.
- NRETP – National Rural Economic Transformation Project.
- DDU-GKY – Deen Dayal Updhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana.
- TNULM – Tamil Nadu Urban Livelihood Mission.
- DSMS – District Supply & Marketing Society.
- MTM – Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam.
- CMBFS – Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme.
Mathi – Mahalir Thittam
- The TNCDW facilitates SHGs in financial empowerment and social emancipation.
- The novel concept launched by the far sighted vision of the State Government way back in 1989 has later on become a shining example across the whole nation for modelling livelihood programmes.
- The Projects / Programmes related to poverty alleviation implemented presently by TNCDW are the improved versions of Mahalir Thittam.
FINANCIAL INCLUSION (FI)
Financial inclusion implies the delivery of financial services to rural poor at an affordable cost. The various financial services include credit, savings, insurance and payments and remittance facilities.
Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women (TNCDW) has taken up the task of promoting financial inclusion among rural poor through SHG Bank Linkage Programme (SHG-BLP).
Right to Credit is ensured to the SHG members through,
- Easy access to credit institutions
- Adequate quantum of credit
- Timely delivery of credit
- Conduct the bank and branch wise CBRM Committee Meeting for every month.
- Recovery NPA for SHGs
Availability of credit at an affordable interest rate
TNSRLM – Tamil Nadu State Rural Livelihood Mission
- The scheme is implemented with an objective of building strong and vibrant institutional platforms of the poor in the rural areas which enable them to increase their household incomes through livelihood enhancements and access to financial and other services.
- The target people are organised into active community based organisations (CBOs) to provide sustainable.
- The scheme is meant for poverty reduction and livelihoods promotion in rural areas.
NRETP – National Rural Economic Transformation Project
- The scheme is launched with an aim of promoting cluster development in the farm and non-farm sector.
- The key focus of the project is to transform the economic participation of institutional groups by enabling them to engage in farm and non-farm activities with a strong footing.
- The scheme supports enterprise development programmes for rural poor women and youth by creating a platform to access finance including start-up financing options
DDU-GKY – Deen Dayal Updhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
- The Scheme is being implemented with vision of transforming rural poor youth into economically independent and globally relevant work force.
- Livelihood support is provided to rural youth of age group from 18 to 35 years by providing them sustainable wage employment through skill training.
- Under the scheme, rural youth are being offered training programmes by RSETIs which are established by lead banks in the districts with a mandate to train rural youth for self employment and promote rural entrepreneurship.
TNULM – Tamil Nadu Urban Livelihood Mission
- The NULM aims to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the households by building strong community based organizations.
- The scheme enables the urban poor to access gainful self employment and skilled wage employment opportunities to improve their livelihoods.
- It also targets the needs of the urban homeless and addresses their livelihood concerns.
MTM – Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam
- MTM – Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam:- The MTM scheme was started by the Tamil Nadu government in view of providing its citizens doorstep health care. by offering door to door screening and drug delivery.
- The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Tamil Nadu government along with TNCDW, implements the scheme.
- WHV – Women Health Volunteers from WSHG are attached with HSC – Health Sub Centres in rural and urban areas are engaged under the scheme for this purpose.
CMBFS – Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme
- The CMBFS for primary school children studying in class 1 to 5 both rural and urban government schools was started by the Tamil Nadu Government in view of providing nutritious breakfast to those children.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Department of social welfare and women Empowerment Tamil Nadu Government in partnership with the TNCDW. Women Self Help Group members are directly involved in implementation of the scheme.
DSMS – District Supply & Marketing Society
- The District Supply & Marketing Society, Thanjavur functioning under the ambit of DMMU, Thanjavur was created with the objective of augmenting the market potential for SHGs products.
- The Poomalai Vaniga Valagam owned and managed by the DSMS located in the Thanjavur Corporation limit provides intra structural and marketing support and easy accessibility for showcasing and selling SHG products.
- College Bazaars and exhibition are being conducted to promote sales and marketing of WSHG products.
Important Officials Contact Details
District Mission Management Unit,
No.223- 2nd Floor,
New Collector Office,
Thanjavur – 613010.
Phone / Mobile (Official)
Office Phone No.04362-277907
Mobile (Official) – 9444094370
Assistant Project Officer (Accounts & Administration)
District Mission Management Unit, Thanjavur.